NIFC is hiring an Education and Program Officer for a nine-week contract.
The New Israel Fund of Canada advances and defends democracy and equality in Israel. Since 1986, NIFC has contributed over $10 million to more than 100 organizations in Israel that fight for socio-economic equality, religious freedom, civil and human rights, shared society and anti-racism, Palestinian citizens, and democracy itself.
We are currently working on an exciting pilot to offer Israel educational programming for youth to community organizations. This position will be a key part of the effort to expand and formalize our educational programming.
Location: Anywhere in Canada (remote)
Applications Due: Position open until filled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 30 per week
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Contract term: Nine weeks
- Project management: Responsible for the timely and organized implementation of this project, including coordinating other staff, community partners, and educators as needed.
- Develop materials: Create a marketing package for the Israel Education Curriculum using existing material, writing new content, and designing as needed.
- Research: Research relevant community organizations who may be interested in this program.
- Outreach: Conduct outreach to potential community partners, and maintain ongoing communication.
- Programming Support: Provide support for NIFC educational programming as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in formal or informal education; familiarity with Israel education a strong asset.
- Strong computer skills required; graphic design skills an asset.
- Experience coordinating projects independently and strong time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Canadian Jewish community and passion for social change in Israel are strong assets.
This position receives funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
To apply: Applicants should email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Education Program Officer” to email@example.com.