Posted: December 9, 2020
The New Israel Fund of Canada advances and defends democracy and equality in Israel. Since 1986, NIFC has helped contributed over $300 million to more than 900 organizations in Israel that fight for socio-economic equality, religious freedom, civil and human rights, shared society and anti-racism, Palestinian citizens, and democracy itself.
This is an exciting time to join our growing Canadian team. This position is an addition to our staff at the beginning of a five-year campaign to double our fundraising and expand our presence across Canada.
Working closely with the other staff, this person is central to the smooth operations of programs, fundraising, communications, and the office. This person should be enthusiastic about applying their excellent organizational skills towards advancing social justice in Israel.
Location: Based in Toronto, remote until further notice.
Applications Open: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $40,000-$50,000, depending on experience, with comprehensive benefits
Contract term: Full-time, permanent after three-month probation
- Provide administrative support to all parts of the organization, including Board and other volunteer leaders.
- Administer the organization’s office, finances, and donation processes, including to process donations and receipts, keep records, and issue reports.
- Provide logistical support as needed for planning events and campaigns.
- Coordinate and contribute to the organization’s communications via social media channels and e-newsletters.
- Support the Development Officer, Executive Director, and volunteer leaders in fundraising efforts by preparing queries and donor lists, and conducting prospect research.
- Enter data into Raiser’s Edge and keep database organized.
- Update organization’s website.
- Represent our work to internal and external stakeholders in a variety of settings, including during public events, telephone and email inquiries, and online.
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills:
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) database, preferably Raisers’ Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Comfort with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and mass email platforms.
- Experience with website backend (ideally WordPress) is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects independently and strong time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Canadian Jewish community and passion for social change in Israel are assets.
- Permission to work in Canada.
Applications: Applicants should email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Development and Operations Associate” to email@example.com.