Last update: December 17, 2020
The respect of your private life is of the utmost importance for New Israel Fund of Canada, who is responsible for this website.
the way your personal information is collected and processed. “Personal information” means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location and your IP address;
- your rights regarding your personal information;
- who is responsible for the processing of the collected and processed information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- if applicable, the website’s policy regarding cookies.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following personal information:
- Last Name
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal code
- Email address
- Phone and/or fax number
- IP address; credit card information, money order or cheque;
- banking information for donors that give monthly through chequing account withdrawals;
- responses to program-specific registration questions;
The personal information we collect is collected through the collection methods described in the following section.
2. FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
We may collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using the Services. For example, we may ask you to provide personal information if you:
- use our Services;
- register for user accounts;
- make a donation;
- send a question or comment to us;
- communicate with our representatives by phone or in-person;
- participate in an event organized by or associated with us;
- register to receive electronic communications, such as our e-newsletter; and
- otherwise participate in features of our Site that ask for personal information.
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our Services;
- to manage our relationship with you and provide you with customer service;
- to identify you in our system;
- to manage our business and operations;
- to respond to your questions that you send through the Site, by email or by phone;
- to contact you for fundraising purposes;
- to facilitate and process your registration for certain courses, events and services;
- to authenticate you when you sign in to your account;
- to send you e-mails with mission-related content or about our programs and events;
- to deliver and evaluate programs for which you are registered;
- to issue tax receipts where applicable;
- to track communications with you;
- to track the location of IP addresses to provide provincial content for users;
- to improve the Site and help us develop new services, tools and Site features that meet your needs;
- for marketing segmentation to identify target populations;
- as otherwise permitted or required by law
3. COOKIES AND LOG FILES
We collect information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information on traffic on the Website, to ease navigation and improve your experience for your comfort.
a) Cookies used by the Website
The cookie files used on the Website are the following:
- Operating system
- Pages visited and queries
- Day and time of connection
- The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purposes:
- Order tracking
- Statistical surveys
You have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser.
Once you have deactivated cookies and log files, you may continue your use of the Website. However, any malfunction resulting from this deactivation may not be considered of our making.
4. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by the Website is not transmitted to any third party and is processed only by us.
5. STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal obligations.
6. HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by: Fractal Web Design, located at the following address:
The host may be contacted at the following phone number: 905-581-1362.
Personal information we collect and process is exclusively hosted in Canada.
The Controller may be contacted at email@example.com
The Controller is in charge of determining the purposes for which personal information is processed and the means at the service of such processing.
b) Obligations of the Controller
The Controller is committed to protecting the personal information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without informing you, and to respect the purposes for which personal information was collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised, the Controller is committed to notify you.
8. RIGHT OF OBJECTION AND OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the Website (“right to object”). You also have the right to request that your personal information does not appear, for example, on a mailing list (“right to withdraw”).
If you wish to exercise the right to object or the right to withdraw, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you by contacting email@example.com
12. APPLICABLE LAW
We are committed to respect the legislative provisions as specified in:
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5; and/or
Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector, CQLR cP-39.1.
Get updates in your inbox
Sign up for our email newsletter and receive the latest news, invitations to events, and progress updates.