Naomi Chazan Fellowship 2023
A year-long program for young progressive leaders in the Canadian Jewish community
Trip to Israel and the occupied territories: January 4-11, 2023
Fellowship in Canada: January 11-December 31, 2023
Do you care about equality, human rights, and ending the occupation? Apply to be a Naomi Chazan Fellow!
Save the date for the 2024 Fellowship Trip: January 10-17, 2024
This year-long experience begins with a subsidized eight-day trip to Israel and the occupied territories to meet activists on the ground and learn about these issues in-depth. On the trip, you can expect to:
- Connect with leading Israeli and Palestinian activists and learn about how various human rights and social justice struggles intersect
- Meet with Mizrahi activists fighting racism against their community
- Meet Palestinians in the West Bank and hear directly about their experience living under occupation – while also learning about Israeli human rights organizations who work to end it
- Delve into social justice issues, like the struggle for the rights of African asylum seekers, the fight for public housing and against gentrification, and more
- Get an up-close look at the reality of East Jerusalem and visit an unrecognized Bedouin village
- Learn about the assaults on Israeli democracy and meet the activists working to preserve it
When you return to Canada, you will receive leadership development and support to explore and develop your interests, create projects you’re passionate about to amplify a progressive voice among Canadian Jewry, and join a global alumni network of young progressive Jews.
This year, we are accepting four fellows and applications are open to individuals in their 20s and 30s from the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa.
NIFC will cover the costs of the flight, the study tour, and a year of leadership and project development. We ask that participants pay or raise a $500 contribution towards these costs.
Read Frequently Asked Questions here. More questions? Contact Hannah at email@example.com.
Photos from previous years:
“The trip was beautifully, intentionally designed, and everyone in the cohort enriched my life and experience. It was a dream to travel and learn from such smart, dynamic young progressionals who are part of the global Jewish diaspora.“