The position has been filled. Thank you to all who expressed interest.
Come work with us! NIFC is currently hiring for the position of Development and Operations Associate.
Posted: October 2022
The New Israel Fund of Canada advances and defends democracy and equality in Israel. Since 1986, NIFC has helped contributed over $300 million to more than 900 organizations in Israel that fight for socio-economic equality, religious freedom, civil and human rights, shared society and anti-racism, Palestinian citizens, and democracy itself.
Working closely with the other staff, this person is central to the smooth operations of programs, fundraising, communications, and the office. This person should be enthusiastic about applying their excellent organizational skills towards advancing social justice in Israel.
Location: Toronto office with option for some remote work days if preferred
Applications Open: ASAP, rolling until filled
Start Date: November 14, 2022
Salary: $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience, with comprehensive benefits
Contract term: Full-time, permanent after three-month probation
- Provide administrative support to all parts of the organization, including Board and other volunteer leaders.
- Administer the organization’s office, finances, and donation processes, including to process donations and receipts, keep records, and issue reports.
- Provide logistical support as needed for planning events and campaigns.
- Coordinate and contribute to the organization’s communications via social media channels and e-newsletters.
- Support the Development Officer, Executive Director, and volunteer leaders in fundraising efforts by preparing queries and donor lists, and conducting prospect research.
- Enter data into Raiser’s Edge and keep database organized.
- Update organization’s website.
- Represent our work to internal and external stakeholders in a variety of settings, including during public events, telephone and email inquiries, and online.
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills:
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) database, preferably Raisers’ Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Comfort with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and mass email platforms.
- Experience with website backend (ideally WordPress) is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects independently and strong time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Canadian Jewish community and passion for social change in Israel are assets.
- Permission to work in Canada.
Applications: Applicants should email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Development and Operations Associate” to email@example.com.